Thursday, 2 July 2015

June 2015 Favourites: GlamGlow, Peter Thomas Roth, Origins, MUFE, First Aid Beauty etc.


With the heat wave at its peak all over the world, I kinda miss June ever so slightly. It was my husband's birthday month, we finally had time to rearrange our house a little bit and we have started to prepare the baby's room #excited. It was a good month after all. 

I have also been loving a good amount of skincare this month. They have all been working so fine on my skin. Makeup wise, I have been keeping it simple and I have also been testing new makeup bits which I will update you in the next post. 

So these are my constant favourites in June:

1. Glamglow Thirsty Cleanse: Hands down my most favourite cleanser that I have ever tried!! I feel like it deserves a post on its own because there are just so many things I can say about this cleanser. In short, it is heavenly made from the best quality ingredients, it does not dry out my skin and it has many beneficial ingredients to help condition my skin. It is basically more than just a cleanser.

2. Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector: I love how gentle yet effective it s at banishing my dark spots. I don't have so bad of a dark spots like I used to anymore but I just like to even out my skin tone further. And, so far this is a winner. It reminds me a lot of my previous Clinique Smart Custom Repair serum in terms of texture and how they work. 

3. Origins Make a Difference Plus+: This moisturiser has saved my parched skin from travelling for good. It is very very nourishing to my skin. It is the only moisturiser I used AM and PM. My skin feels more balanced, never too oily or too dry because it receives enough hydration from this moisturizer. I would compare this to Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate but better. If you have dry skin or if you love the slip left behind from a moisturizer, then this moisturizer may be the one to look for. So far, it has not broken me out and it is really on its last leg. I have to literally buy another one tomorrow which is a problem because Origins is not sold in Kuantan. So, I have to look for the next best thing. Any recommendation, guys and gals?


5. Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel: You probably know by now that this is my favourite skin perfecting primer ever. It gives me that lit from within, sophisticated glow to whatever makeup or bases I am using that day. It makes whatever I put on top stay perfect through the day. There is not really a product that is similar to it on the market, which makes it really unique.

6. Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Role Play: I don't need to say it out loud but if you have seen my IG feeds, you would notice that little chic beige lipstick bullet that flooded my feed. I cannot stop wearing it to the point I think I should have bought a backup. I know that is borderline excessive but this lipstick is just so great. It is not as sheer as some sheer lipsticks do (e.g. Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, Givenchy Rouge-a-Porter etc). I will have my friend Jannah's post here who also happened to love this particular shade just as much as I do. 

7. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Ravenous: Another lipstick that I have also been alternating this month is an old favourite of mine, review here. I forgot how much I adore this lipstick. I wore it on my meeting with Romana (@mymakeuporganizer on Instagram) and it lasted me through talking and laughing with her. The shade Ravenous in particular is a great bright pink colour that will suit most skin tones. 

8. Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer: I have been out of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer now but before repurchasing or buying a new concealer, I would like to use up other concealers I have in my stash. That is when I discovered this gem. It used to be my favourite concealer back in the day. I have to say, that I love the packaging on the MUFE better because it does keep the product pristine for longer because there is very little cross contamination involved. It is not a great under eye concealer but it is an excellent one for pin point concealing on blemishes. It is definitely more longer wearing and more budge proof than the NARS RCC. It is seriously a badass concealer. The texture has more grit and tack to it, which is what you want if you want your blemishes to stay covered. It sets quite well too without leaving any pasty or uneven concealer marks. 


9. First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist: LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I was overjoyed when I tried this for the first time. And it also triggered me to do a post just about it. It is such a refreshing skin pick me up that actually does something for the skin. It plumps, hydrates and energize the skin with its vitamin-infused water. You can read more rave about it here

So, that is all I have for my June Favourites. What have you been loving this month?


2 comments:

  1. i remember some of these were bought during our meet up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..yes..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.