Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Skincare Stash #1: Glamglow ThirstyCleanse, does it deliver?

There's a new series #ontheblog. Let me introduce you to Skincare Stash. This series will feature skincare things I have tried so far. It is where I will feature skincare items that I have tried and review it for you. Today, it is all about the highly popular and hyped Glamglow Thirstycleanse. So, let's find out if I love it, for whom / what skin types they will be suitable for and find out my thoughts on it.



Let me start with a little back story. I was unhappy with my cleanser (Kose White Liquid Wash) at the time; it foams too much and it strips my skins' moisture barrier. I decided then that my next quest would be to search for a cleanser that cleanse well without stripping and with less foam. A lot of times, you will find that non-foamy / cream cleanser do not have the grit or the kind of texture that cleanse the skin well e.g. Clarins Anti Pollution Cleansing Cream. While I love it, I just wish that it could be more punchy. It was just too gentle if that makes sense. 

So, there I was perusing up and down the Sephora aisle and my eyes was fixed on the Glamglow Thirstycleanse. The sales rep assisted me to try it on the back of my hand and I was immediately sold by how soothing and gentle it felt on my hand. I can see the difference there and then. It cleanses well too and turns into a thin but rich lather. To add to the initial experience, I really fell for the coconut scent. Price wise at RM 147 for 150 ml, I must say that  it was not as whoppingly expensive as the mask counterpart.

It says on the description that it is great as both a makeup remover and a cleanser. So, as far as I can tell it is a do-it-all 2-in-1 cleanser. However, being a creature of habit, I only use it as my second cleanse in the evening after I removed my makeup with The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil. I also love it as a morning cleanse because the scent just wakes me up and makes me ready to start the day.  The way you use it is to apply it on dry face. I normally use a pump and that is enough to cover my whole face. It does say to use 2-3 pumps but I just found that the amount is excessive for the size of my face. After applying and massaging it all over my dry face, I leave it on, have my shower and finally mix some water to wash it all of. The foam is creamy and not bubbly/foamy  like the one I get from a typical cleansing foam. I think it is due to the SLS-free formula. It is worth noting that it is also Paraben-free. 

After testing it for a good one and a half month as part of my daily cleansing routine, my skin really loves it. It was unusual at first seeing that it is a mud foam. It looks and feel muddy but spreadable and slippy on the skin and does not dry up like the mask did. The after feeling is not exactly hydrating like something I would get from a moisturiser but most importantly it is not drying either. I just feel that my skin is velvety, bright, soothed, purified and balanced. There is absolutely no tight or rough feeling afterwards. It is definitely a result that I have never gotten from a cleanser before.

I am glad that it suits my normal/combination, sometimes dry and dehydrated skin type. I think it would also suit acne prone skin that often gets dehydrated from acne treatment and medication. I would say that this is not a cleanser if you wanted a super hydrated and slippy feeling after cleansing. You may be disappointed or unimpressed  if you expected that. I feel like because it is a mud cleanser, the clay (kaolin) takes centre stage in terms of form and function even though it is the 7th ingredient down the line. However, bare in mind that this cleanser has some great skin conditioning element to counter the strength of the clay and prevents the skin from being dehydrated. It is kind of the Yin to the Yang and they complement each other very well and I like that. 

Reading the description makes my heart screams with approval. The ingredients contains key elements like:

- Rare Brazilian Yellow Clay: remineralizes and purifies the skin

- Pure Green Coconut Water: boosts and replenishes skin with its high content of amino acids and vitamins for intense hydration

- Olive Milk: smoothes skin texture with olive lipids and proteins

- South Pacific Plumeria Flower Extract: rich in Omega 3, 6, 9 to restore skin barrier function

- Indian Gooseberry: restores skin clarity and translucency

- TEAOXI Olive Leaf Powder: micronized form delivers natural linoleic acid to maintain moisture level

Ingredients: 
Water, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Withania Somnifera Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Montmorillonite, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Powder, Allantoin, Mica, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Coumarin, Linalool
So far,  I love how this works on my skin. Well, they say a cleanser does not do much but I beg to differ. GlamGlow ThirstyCleanse does a lot. The key is to find what works best for you. I believe there are two options available at our Local Sephora; Thirstycleanse and Supercleanse. So, do try both of them on your next Sephora trip, analyse the function of each cleanser and assess it to your skins' needs. I know the ingredients sounds all exotic but it is just not an ordinary cleanser. It is a cleanser that makes a difference that I do see and observed myself. I am also loving the fact that the cleanser dispenses through a pump action, so I can be sure that the product and the ingredients are fresh and potent everytime I use it. I must say though that the giant packaging is not exactly travel friendly, so I do not bring this cleanser with me when I traveled. When I do, I usually bring another one which I will talk briefly in my next favourites post.
Are you intrigued to try the new Glamglow Cleanser range? 
P.S. They are worth looking into. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.