Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Estee Lauder Futurist Aqua Brilliance: The "Your Skin but Better" Foundation


I always go with my gut feeling when it comes to buying foundations. More often than not, I ended up happy with my purchase. Well, even though I said, I went with my intuition, I tested them critically before I made up my mind into purchasing it. I looked for a foundation void that I could fill with the new foundation. And the Estee Lauder Futurist Aqua Brilliance is just the one I was looking for. Right off the bat, you may wonder if it is anything similar to my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue that I reviewed a while back. I would say in terms of skin caring benefits and how light they feel on the skin; they are kinda similar but they still have some differences in terms of texture, finish and consistency.

`
As you can see, the texture rather thin but not too runny making it spread easily and evenly on the skin.it is so easy to blend, it practically blends itself. 
As you can probably tell, the foundation is really skin-like and rather sheer in coverage with just a pump of product. I don't really have any skin issues right now, but this foundation really helps to provide an even canvas for my makeup. Unlike the Too Faced Born This Way foundation, the Estee Lauder Futurist Aqua Brilliance sets on the skin without leaving any tackiness behind. That is a good thing because that means it does not slip and slide especially on oilier skin type which I find is the case with the former. 

You can build it up in certain areas where you may need an extra coverage and I find that it covers quite well. The foundation finishes in an imperceptible skin-like finish. In fact, I was having a hard time choosing my before and after photos because the difference is not that imminent. I personally love foundations like these. It definitely does not feel heavy on the skin and it does not interfere with my skin's natural glow. There is still light peeking through.


I love a light base layer of foundation, because sometimes with a full face of makeup it can look too makeup-y if you have a thick layer of foundation on. Less is definitely more. It wears beautifully throughout the day on me. It does not get patchy or settle into pores or get blotchy as the day develops. The coverage just may get a little sheer but it's nothing too alarming because I already conceal where I need to. 

My skin is rather normal now so I could not tell how it will wear on oily skinned girls. However, this foundation is water based and it has Revival Plant Extract and Moisture complex from Hyaluronic Acid that Lauder claims to provide all day long hydration. I do find that it is the case even after I removed my makeup. My skin still feel comfortable from the wear. . I feel like, with more hydration that you give to the skin, you should not get more oily. At least, that was what I experienced when I have an oily skin some time ago. A mattifying primer or a primer spray may help with the longevity. However, I do think that this foundation will suit drier skinned girls better because of the hydrating properties that it has. 

The finish is demi matte with just a hint of glow on me. It is not really dewy like my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue or Bourjois Healthy Mix. I am in love with this foundation, for sure. It is easy to work with, fuss free "me but more radiant" foundation in a bottle. Besides, I love how my skin is also happy with it  and feels comfortable with wearing makeup throughout the day with the Estee Lauder Futurist Aqua Brilliance foundation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.