Tuesday, 1 September 2015

August 2015 Favourites: Trilogy, MAC, Breena Beauty, By Terry, Za,Kate, Dior, Catrice and Guerlain




It's August favourites time!! I have discovered quite a few new things in August and rediscovered some old favourites too. There's a new makeup brush, a new great drugstore sunblock and a new skincare product that I have been incorporating into my daily skincare routine and still do until now. Let's get to it!!

1. Trilogy Rosehip Antioxidant+ Oil: Did you know that the original Trilogy Rosehip Oil is the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton's favourite? The oil has kept her skin looks younger and kept stretch marks at bay when she was pregnant with Prince George. Of course, I did not buy it because a duchess loves it. Well, the oil itself is not tainted with fillers like paraffin etc, and it is filled with antioxidants and vitamin A to help with skin regeneration and ageing. I love what this oil has been doing to my skin for the past 2 weeks I have been using it day and night every single day.  The best of all, it does not break me out. I will post a review after I used this a little longer. 

2. Za True White Perfect Protector SPF 50 PA +++: A new discovery that I fell n love with at first application. I love how it makes a great base for makeup. It dries to a satiny feel on the skin, does not make the skin look shinier and oilier and most importantly it protects the skin from harmful UV rays. I take my sunscreen very seriously and when I say this is good, I really meant it. At only RM 32.90, what's not to love about it? 

3. By Terry Touche Veloutee: I have been loving highlighting my under eye area but I like it done ever so subtly. The By Terry Touche Veloutee is great at that because not only it is a tinge lighter than my skin tone but it manages to blur out the natural texture I have on my skin and makes it look air brushed. 

4. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ashton: This has been a long time favourite of mine dating back to 3 years ago. Enough said. I have given myself a chance to try another but they aren't as good. The shade is perfectly ashy and just the best for me. I cannot say enough good things about it or else, I will bore you. 

5. Guerlain Meteorites Compact in Teint Beige: I love Guerlain base product. I maybe the weird ones but I especially prefer Guerlain's compact powder products compared to their signature loose pearls/meteorites. Maybe I am just a pragmatist and I like it when my makeup has a more versatile functions. I love this specific Guerlain Meteorites Compact because it instantly brightens my skin and it provides a veil of perfection on my skin. I don't know how I am going to cope when this runs out because from what I know,  Guerlain no longer makes it. 

6. Breena Beauty brush: One word; satisfying to use and I am one satisfied customer. It's great to use with liquid and mineral foundations and I have been enjoying it both ways. Application is so breezy with this brush and I love the fact that the fat bristle can cover a greater surface area than an average kabuki or a buffing brush. 

7. Kate Super Sharp Liner in BK-1: My favourite liquid eyeliner find to date. I can tell that it is going to stay for a while in my makeup collection and it will reach the repurchase status soon. The colour is an intense black, the tip is super sharp and precise and the bendability of the tip is just right to get an even application along the top lash lines. Doing a cat eye is so easy with this eyeliner, it is so fail safe.

8. Essence Long Lasting Lipliner in Lovely Frappucino: You all know this and I have mentioned it in a few posts lately and it has been the one lip liner that I reached for the most in the month of August. Great mauvey brown nude shade that complements most of my nude and mauve tones lipsticks.

9. M.A.C Matte Lipstick in Mehr: Favourite M.A.C lipstick ever. See me wearing it here. it is my perfect mauve nude shades and I think everyone can rely on M.A.C to find great neutral toned lipsticks for any skin tones.

10. Diorshow Extase Mascara: I have been mascara-ed out lately and every single ones I tried has disappointed me. When I found this mascara still unopened lying alone in my stash, I just wen for it and hope for the best. I was lucky that this mascara gives my lashes the volume and the length that I have been longing for. 


So, these are all of my August favourites. I can't believe that it's already September!!


What have you been loving in August?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.