Friday, 4 September 2015

Friday's Face #42: Wings on My Peepers


Be warned as this is an experimental post. I did something unexpected today and way out of my creative limits. I am not the most artistic person ever, thus that is why I am not a makeup artist, but hey, I am willing to take some risks. And that was drawing an angel wing on the corner of my eye. You don't want to know how long it took me to do this but it was well worth it especially with Kate Super Sharp Liner in BK-1. This eyeliner makes drawing fine lines effortless with a lot less mistakes. I can really control how thick or how thin I want the lines to be. The real struggle comes when I want to make the wings to appear similar and symmetry on both eyes. 


I am trying out a few new products for this post too so, be on the lookout for a stream of reviews in the upcoming months. Anyhow, I am really pleased that I took the plunge to do this. There's really no secret to this. I simply traced the shape of the wing and that's all there is to it. I have received requests to do a pictorial or a tutorial but it's just not possible for me to do this time around. It will surely be something for the future, who knows.

So, as usual I am just going to list a product breakdown I used to create this look:

Face:
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Sand Beige | Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer | Diorskin Nude Air Compact Powder

Eyes:
Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ashton | Benefit Gimme Brow | Lorac Behind The Scenes Eyeshadow Primer | Stila Mind Palette; Genius all over the eyelid and Wit on the crease | Kate Super Sharp Liner in BK-1 | Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Black for tight lining | Diorshow Extase Mascara | Gosh Eyeliner in Pure Natural for my waterline

Cheeks and Lips:
Clarins Face Palette (just taking the blush strips) | Peripera Heart Glow Stick Highlighter | Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Raspberry Ripple


How do you like the look? I know it's not a perfect 10 by any means but I simply enjoyed the whole process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.