Monday, 14 September 2015

Miami Fever Inspiration



Where do I start? The great Kathleen Lights just keeps on inspiring us with beautiful colours and of course I just need to be in the same boat as she is. I have not ordered any Colorpop products yet, (I probably need an enabler for that, lol!!). The 'Where The Light Is' quad has my name written all over it and only time will tell when I am going to bite the bullet. Recently she launched a lip colour in collaboration with Ofra Cosmetics in Miami Fever, a burnt orange, terracotta liquid lipstick shade. It is such a unique colour. Even high end makeup has not come up with that kind of colour. It just reminds me of the colour of fall, the fallen leaves, so rich and so saturated. It stands out yet it looks so natural and forgiving. 


Anyway, back to the point of this post, I have found a what you can say is a dupe for it. I know, it is going to be hard to order the liquid lipstick and I don't like waiting for my makeup to arrive, so I just put it at the back of my mind thinking that I won't be able to get it, EVER. Until recently, where I have found a colour that resonates with Miami Fever. 


My jaw dropped because I never thought I would find it during a random visit to Sasa. It is the Art Deco Soft Lip Liner (Waterproof) in 07. I wish it has a shade name because 07 is just so undeserving for  how rich the colour is. It is only RM 45.90, slightly more expensive than an Essence Lipliner but the formula is just greater and more longer wearing and more budge proof. I really think it is worth the money and the performance is very comparable, in fact similar to high end ones from M.A.C, Marc Jacobs and Chanel ones too. I would highly recommend the Art Deco Lipliners because they have so many colour selection, from nudes, pinks, mauves, berries even reds. You really should check them out.


I also love wearing it layered under my YSL Rouge Volute Sheer Candy Lipstick in 07 Sweet Fig which complements the lipliner perfectly. In the picture above, I was just wearing it alone. Surprisingly enough, it does not make my teeth yellow which I am really thankful about. I am really head over heels in love with this shade. I am really convinced that it is going to suit a variety of skin tones too. 

Are you going to try it out?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.