Wednesday, 2 September 2015

The Makeup Basics


Just like clothes, makeup has some staples as well. I am sure we all have that staples that we used everyday without hardly ever changing them unless we feel the need to. For me, it all comes down to base products like a corrector, a face powder, a brow pencil/powder, a concealer, or even mascara. I did not include a foundation here because I love changing my bases from time to time. For now, these are the products that have been the mainstay in my daily makeup routine.

1. Makeup Forever Full Concealer: Seriously, why hasn't anyone hop on the same concealer bandwagon yet? First off, I love how this comes in a squeeze tube instead of a doe foot. No cross contamination or germs in my concealer. Secondly, this gives total spot coverage every time and it does not budge. It's a great concealer, trust me. 

2. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach: Me and my dark circles are arch enemies. I have to be in constant battle with them every single day or else I will look tired and dull. I tried all kinds of under eye concealers but nothing seems to do the job. I think it is down to the peachy tone that is just not quite right as my Bobbi Brown one. My Bobbi Brown corrector really corrects the darkness with just a tap of the finger. I picked this up a few years ago in Amsterdam and it is still going strong. 

3. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist and Catrice Eyebrow Set: I cannot rave enough about this and I am so happy that everyone that I recommended these to love them. These two have been the saviour for my non-existent brows and I am sticking with them.

4. Benefit Gimme Brow: Still on the subject of brows, it is another "I can't leave the house without" kinda product. The Benefit Gimme Brow adds volume and texture to my brows that I look like I was born with great brows. And it also works at holding my brow hairs in place. Hmmm, talking about it reminds me that I need to replenish one soon. 

5. Diorshow Extase Mascara: Right now, this is the mascara that I have been obsessed with at the moment. Volume, curl, length and drama in a few swoops. I love the fat bristle brush and the formula of the mascara. I like changing up my mascara but for now, I am sticking with this.

6. By Terry Touche Veloutee: I have been so into highlighting the V area under my eyes lately. I love how the concealer highlights while giving just enough veil of coverage without compromising light and translucency. I also carry my M.A.C Prep and Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast in my makeup bag when I am out as a touch up.

7. Revlon Nearly Naked Powder: I like my powder to have a finely milled texture and light in coverage. The Revlon Nearly Naked Powder is just what it says it is. The shade Medium is too dark for me, so I may have  to pick up the shade Light. 


These products have been my go-tos lately and I love every single one of them. What have been the constant in your makeup rotation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.