Thursday, 3 September 2015

The Power of Makeup



As superficial as it may sound, makeup can really do wonders. However, that is not to say that taking care of your skin won't. It's just going to take more time and effort for the results to show. Makeup is instant gratification. Not all of us are blessed with perfect skin and perfect features and makeup help us look and feel like a better version of ourselves. It's us but enhanced. 

This post is inspired by the Nikkie Tutorial's inspiring YouTube video, the power of makeup where she showed half of her face done with makeup and the other undone or bare. Doing what I do for the past two years makes me realized that makeup is really personal and each of us has her own way or preference. I love looking primped just like the next person.


Don't get me wrong, I don't actually mind going out bare faced with just my skincare and sunblock on top now that my skin is better. However, I do have skin issues and insecurities in the past with my cystic acne, so, I truly understand how makeup can help alleviate the insecurities. Getting rid of acne takes time and conditioning my skin to heal from it takes an even greater effort both financially and time-wise. What with the advancement of skincare and makeup that we have now and a slew of information from beauty blogs and websites, it takes a lot less guesswork on how to care for our skin properly. Choosing makeup products that won't aggravate the skin even further are equally as important. I can still remember how I would be dumbfounded with all those anti acne products in front of me back then. 


Anyway, the point I am trying to get across here is to love yourself with or without makeup. When you start to love and to appreciate everything about yourself, you are going to start to care more about yourself, both inside and out. Don't you agree?

Would you care to join the Power of Makeup movement? Do share your blog/instagram link on the comment section below if you do decide to join.

Till then.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.