Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Affordable Holiday Festive Makeup


It is December which means holiday season, wedding season, school holiday season and Christmas season are here. The year is ending, so what better way to end it than on a high note. Speaking of high note, I am using a very unique tone of a red lipstick this time, a brick terracotta red number. It is affordable, matte, pigmented as ink and stays put on your lips almost like tattoos. It is one the 4 shades from Loreal's Collection Star latest lipstick collection featuring shades inspired by celebrities; Eva, Frieda, Blake and Aishwarya. The shade I was wearing here is Aishwarya in Pure Brick.


This look is a twist on the classic red lip look. Because the lips are already the focal point, I kept the complexion rather plain. I started with the new reformulated Loreal True Match foundation together with the concealer and the setting powder from the same True Match range. I am really enjoying the trio very much, especially the foundation as it gives a very light and luminous finish to the skin, very different from the old True Match. To keep the complexion healthy, I bronzed my cheeks and forehead with a little dusting from The Body Shop Honey Bronzer. Then I finish off the cheeks with a little bit of colour from Gosh Cosmetics in the shade Flower Power. As a final touch to the complexion, I strategically applied my favourite drugstore highlighter; Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in the high points mainly on tip of my nose, my cupid's bow and my cheeks.


For my eyes, I went for an effortless and elegant brown smokey eye starring the Zoeva Naturally Yours Palette. I started off with a crease shade in Soft and Sexy. I do think that the eyeshadow look exudes sophistication. Then, I applied the shimmery bronze shade from the palette called Sweet Sound all over the mobile lid. For little definition on the outer V and the lower lash lines, I used the shade called Lovely Monday. For a tiny little detail, I placed the high shimmer Smooth Harmony shade on the centre of my eyelid for that subtle reflection. As a little finishing touches, I applied some  Forever Yours to the inner corner to add some blue reflects to the looks. You can't really see it in the photos but you certainly can in real life. That shade really adds some groove to the look. No holiday look is complete without a winged liner from my favourite Kate Super Black Liner and lashings of mascara from Maybelline Magna Volum' Expres. I went warm for the lips too to complement the warm tones of the eyes with the new Loreal Star Collection Lipstick in Aishwarya Pure Brick. I added some definition to the lips with the ArtDeco Soft Lip Liner in 07.

That is the whole look done. Just when I thought that there can never be more red lipsticks that can inspire me and that I love to bits, in comes the Loreal lipstick to prove me wrong. It is such a unique shade and if you are looking for an affordable and a high quality  red lipstick from the drugstore these new ones from Lorea'l can't do you wrong, trust me. There are two other reds and one berry to get you spoilt for choices.

Let me know how you like the look and I will be back for more posts soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.