Thursday, 10 December 2015

Katy Perry Happy & Merry Inspired Makeup



Since the ad started flooding the social media I know that I was going to do an inspired look based on Katy Perry's fairy look. Long time follower of mine would know that I love colourful makeup. I think it brings out the fun side in everyone. And this look is nothing short of fun. Let me take you along on how I recreate the look. May I remind you that it is going to involve a lot of makeup than what I was used to.


Since we are going for a fairy look, the skin needs to be flawless because fairies never have blemishes. So, relied on my trusty duo; Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel and Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. My dark circles are corrected my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach and later on concealed and highlighted with my favourite By Terry Touche Veloutee. I spot conceal with my tried and true Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer on spots and set all of the hard work with Chanel Poudre Universal Libre.


Then comes the most fun part; the eyes. I started with the brows using my Catrice Eyebrow Set. Then, I prime my eyelid with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Moonlight, a beautiful shimmery rosy bronze shade. I love how it makes the eyeshadows I put on top pop up. My eyeshadow of choice was from the Urban Decay Glinda Palette. I started with the shade Oz for the inner corners (applies better with fingers), then move on to Chanel Stylo Yeux Eyeshadow in Jade Shore in the centre of the eyelid and finally the blue shade from my Dior Bonne Etoile palette. Of course, I blended all the colours together so they mesh into each other. From the same Urban Decay palette I took the shade Aura (a unique off white shade with lilac micro shimmers running through) and lined the inner half of my lower lash lines. And then, with my Kate Super Sharp Liner I started creating a subtle winged eyeliner on both eyes while smudging it slightly on the outer half of the lower lash lines. As a final touch, I tight line my eyes with Stila Smudge Stick in Damsel and lashings of Maybelline Magna Volum' Express mascara.


We are almost there and now it is time for the lips and cheeks. From the advert, it looked like Katy was sporting a very soft peach shade. I took the shade Beaming from the Tarte Bling It On palette to the apple of my cheeks. Katy's cheeks did not seem contoured from the look, so I skipped it  For the lips I chose a pinky lilac from YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy in Iced Plum. This shade is so gorgeous and surprisingly flatters me despite it being a cool toned shade.

And that is really it!! I am loving the outcome and of course I do not look anything like Katy Perry but at least I love everything about this look.

Let me know which makeup look did you like most from the advert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.