Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Products I Regret Hyping Up

Today is the day when I come clean with all of you. From the 3 years that I have been blogging, I have grown and I have known myself better in terms of things that I like and things that I don't like. You know, we all learn from experiences and my experience as a beauty blogger has taught me a lot about myself. In the past, I can sometimes get over excited with new product launches and the hype that is surrounding a product. Sometimes, the hype is not far from the truth but a lot of times they are merely a hype. As time goes by, better products come along and then the rest are forgotten. You love a product before and you found yourself hating the products now or you think it is not worth the fuss, the effort and the money. This post is not about bashing a product or a brand but rather a lesson to be learnt that the next time we feel like committing ourselves to a product, we would better weigh in the prospects. I find that has helped me to spend my money on things that suit me and my lifestyle.

Let's get on to the products. There are three that I will be mentioning today but who knows if I will find more in the future. Well, you will be the first to know.


The first one is Benefit Lollitint. I admit that it was the shade that pulled me hard. The shade was so beautiful and I still love anything radiant orchid to this day. However, the Benefit Lollitint is just one of those products that needs too much of faffing around. A second late, the tint will stain my cheeks and I will end up with dotted cheeks like the Queen of Hearts. I never reached for it again and I cannot see how this product would fit into anyone's routine. It is just troublesome to work with and I would rather just choose a powder or a cream blush over this.


The next one is the Bourjois CC Eye Cream. Don't get me wrong, I love Bourjois as a brand. Their base products are one of the best from the drugstore. The thing that was wrong with this product was how it stung my eyes so badly and the fact that there are so many drugstore undereye concealer/brightener from the drugstore. Maybelline Fit Me is one of them. Apart from that, the mechanics of this product is somewhat faulty in a way that it dispenses too much product just for the eyes. 


The last one is probably the best out of three in away that it performs excellently, however I don't think the price tag justifies it. We are talking about the SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. I can come up with so many toners that does the same exfoliating job without costing an arm and a leg and that actually are more travel friendly. This is housed in a frosted glass. Talk about living life on the edge. There countless of times when I travel that this spills everywhere and from that point on, I just had enough. I admit that I have repurchased it once but that was it. The next time, you want an exfoliating toner look for either one of these; Pixi Glow Tonic, Clarins Doux Exfoliant, Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Toning Complex, Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner among others.

Now, excuse me from being a typical blogger who swooned over a product the minute it landed on my lap in the past. I am now a better blogger or I hope I am. I know my readers are not all bloggers but have you been in the same situation too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.