Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Spring Makeup Look: Sweet Mint Burst


Too early or is it never too early? Well, to me, it does not really matter. It's all about living in the fast lane, nowadays. I will keep up when I can. Like today, I was inspired by a colour, specifically mint green.Who knew this shade would look good on the eyes, right. 



Here's a little back story. I saw my IG friends posting their purchase of their new Anastasia Self Made palette. And, I was gawking at its beauty. You know how makeup palette can make you do all sorts of crazy things, right? I have been there and I was only drawn to the mint shade called Isla which was the shade Anastasia used for the campaign advertorial, see here. Gorgeous right? While the palette is very pretty and I could have it in a heartbeat, I just can't, because I only have a pair of eyes. There's only so much eyeshadow that I can wear on my eyes. So, shopped my stash, I did. And, I found the colours!! 



Unfortunately, the colors I used were all from previous limited edition collections. However, if you do not have colors like this, I would recommend getting the palette itself, if like me, you love these kinda shades. For this, I used my well loved Dior Bonne Etoile quint layered on top of Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade Shore. I love how the combination of the two resulted in this beautiful iridescent  sea foam green. I want the green to be the focus of this look, so everything else is downplayed. Dior instance, my definition came from a softly dispersed deep brown crease action also from the same Dior Bonne Etoile and just a little hint of the khaki shade on the outer V. Of course, I had to finish it off with a subtle winged eyeliner and mascara. I did also define my lower lash lines and my waterlines with Stila Smudge Stick in Stingrey blended in with the brown shade I used for my crease.

It's 2016, so of course I contoured my nose and my cheeks with my Marc Jacobs Instamarc in Mirage Filter. For some pop of colour, I used the Hourglass Dim Infusion blush, a very soft peach shade. I carried on with the lips where I chose MAC lipstick in Modesty and Lancome Color Fever Gloss in 308 Mauve Fiesta

While I did not follow the editorial a 100%, I am jazzed and happy with this version that I came up on my own. I hope you enjoyed the look!!

What colour(s) have inspired you lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.