Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Nude and Earthy Makeup in Collaboration with Sleeping with Makeup


I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am loving nude makeup at the moment. It is a trendy thing to do, yes, but there's just something so versatile and flattering about it. I was probably influenced by the the likes of Gigi Hadid, for sure. Nude, earthy colours when done right, will accentuate your features subtly. Best of all, no matter what skin tone you own, there are earthy colours that suit you.


Today's post is special because it is a collaboration with another blogger whom I love her penmanship. She is Farah from Sleeping with Makeup blog. Just like me, Farah runs a great beauty blog and Instagram page @kingfrh that deserve a mention because she is a talented blogger. I am sure you are going to love her.  So, you are not only going to see only one, but two looks from the both of us. Thank you Farah, you make me want to blog again, something I miss doing for quite some time now. 


Onto the makeup, I have gone slightly smokey on the eyes with Champagne coloured eyeshadow in my inner corner from Catrice single eyeshadow in It's Toffee. I finished the eye makeup with Stila Mind palette, in the shade Intellect in my outer half and Perception up in my crease area. Essentially, nude makeup is about simplicity and effortlessness. So, this is is as simple as full on an eyeshadow look can get. Due to the nude-ness of the look, I added a little contrast with a winged liner.


To tie in the subtle makeup look I used the new Bobbi Brown Nude Illuminating Finishing Powder in Buff on the perimeters of my face and on my cheek to give a subtle bronze look. The for a hint of blush I chose a melon peach blush from Dior in the shade Blooming Peach. I highlighted the top of my cheekbones with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal to complete the look. Nude makeup is not complete with a nude lipstick. For that, I chose NARS Satin Lip Pencil in the shade Het Loo dotted and buffed into my lips for that subtle and diffused look. The colour in real life shows up much browner and more pigmented, but for the purpose of this editorial, I really sheer it out so my natural lip colour show through the lipstick.

I love how fresh and chic this makeup looks on me and I am sure you can tweak it to be your own signature nude look. Be sure to check out Farah's interpretation of the nude makeup look. Do follow her for more genuine and creative posts. I hope that you will gain some inspiration from our posts!!

See you in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.